How to use your mind power to grow your business
I wrote this post in early October 2014. At end October, my partner upped and left with practically all of our clients. so instead of being the best year of my business life, 2015 turned out to be one of the worst. Now read what I wrote –
This is going to be one hell of an exciting year. Why? Because I said so! I’m going to shove my foot down hard on the gas pedal and our practice is going to grow like there’s no tomorrow.
Year ended September 2013, growth 31% – fact. Year ended September 2014, growth 30% – fact. We’re 43 years old. How are we going to do it? I don’t know, but we will.
Let’s take a look at how to make these things happen.
1) Dream the dream! If you don’t want it bad enough, you’ll never be inspired enough to get it.
2) Be careful, turnover isn’t everything. You need to have your cash flow under tight control, you need to be making great profits already, you need to have the capacity to handle the extra business while improving the quality of your service or product.
3) Me? I need (and have) a team who work their butts off for the practice.
4) Leave the telly to the kids, turn off the car radio. Spend the time being excited, letting your creativity run wild. Imagine it happening, be excited about it happening and it will happen. I don’t understand why this works but it does.
5) Talk about it. Share your ideas. This keeps your own thoughts going. Listen to every little idea that pops into your head. Don’t discard those flashes of intuition even if they make no sense at first. Your subsoncious is trying to tell you something.
6) Try for one great idea before breakfast every day and two at weekends. You won’t achieve it, but you see the point? You’ve got to keep creating. Some of your ideas will take off. Others will wither and die (often resurfacing a few years later when the time is right). But you need to have plenty of pots boiling at the same time. Creation is a process, not an event (well, besides the Big Bang that is).
7) Aim high. And when you see it happening, aim higher. Keep moving your own targets. Keep on testing your capabilities. Remember, the sky is not the limit. If it was, man would never have reached the moon.
So how did I get through 2015? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 above!
Should you wish to make an appointment, please feel free to visit Derek’s diary and book a time that suits you.
Need a shelf company or CC, a tax clearance, B-BBEE certificate or VAT registration? We offer a wide range of such services here.