VAT Invoices – Requirements
A full tax invoice, which must usually be denoted in Rands, must contain the following –
1) The words “Tax Invoice” in a prominent place
2) The name, address and VAT number of the supplier
3) The name, address and VAT number (if registered) of the recipient
4) An individual serialised number and the issue date
5) Full description of the goods or services indicating that they are second hand if this is the case.
6) The quantity or volume of the supply
7) Either the value, the VAT thereon and the total or
8) The amount including VAT as well as either the amount of VAT included or the rate at which it was charged.
If the value of the supply does not exceed R5 000 then (3) and (6) may be omitted.
If the value of the supply does not exceed R50 in money then a VAT invoice need not be issued.
Should you wish to make an appointment, please feel free to visit Derek’s diary and book a time that suits you.
Need a shelf company or CC, a tax clearance, VAT registration or B-BBEE certificate? We offer a wide range of such services.